Thursday, March 1, 2007

Open Fire



The wait is over! My pre-order copy of the latest studio album Open Fire from local Richmond rockers Alabama Thunderpussy arrived today. This is their first studio album featuring Kyle Thomas, Ex-Floodgate Ex-Exhorder, on lead vocals. After listening to the album, twice I might add, Kyle has taken them in the direction they need to go. His range is almost that of Rob Halford or Ronnie James Dio proportions. The whole album is amazing, phenomenal rifts and grooves throughout every track. I can't help but listen to every song, it's hard to skip any of them. I'm having trouble picking a favorite. I listen to one song I want to listen to the whole album. Unfortunately for those of you who haven't pre-ordered it yet, you'll have to wait till next week to pick it up. Until then, enjoy a preview of the tracks Words Of A Dying Man and None Shall Return here. If you liked what you heard, then be sure to pick up Open Fire in stores this Tuesday, March 6th.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Amazing. This album makes me happy inside. :D

axehandle said...

Very amazing. I think I've listened to this album almost 4 times now since this afternoon.